Wednesday 2 October 2013

Floral garlands

On my first night here on the island of Tahuata, Joelle had made me the biggest thickest floral necklace as a welcome. C'est tres magnifique! This morning she gave me a flower for behind my ear, and showed me a bag of flowers that she is going to make up into a new necklace for me as we leave later this morning. It is moments like this that the words 'I feel truly blessed' come to mind. I guess that works in this large town of say 500 people where the size of the church exceeds the size of any house by huge amounts. Well this town is the capital of this island.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh i have been lying in bedvin coldcweather melbourne laughing at yiut antics. By nowvyiubshould be actually on the boat with yiur boy Phil. The two yr old on yr knee oh me oh my what can i say. Feel free to marry a native just make sure yiu have internet if you do. And remember we have a histury of impaired judgemebt recalcohol, but oh i can see you floating off into the blue. Oh keep having fun and i cant be bothered fixing my spelling just to let yoy know i have noticed this morning. Well' must uo with the day take care lots of love m